There are two places in which you can count on having a rotten time while waiting in line: the license bureau and the post office. Generally it is because both of these lines can take forever to get through. I have no idea why. Especially when there is only one or two people in front of you... somehow each person finds a way to take longer. And it seems like the aura in those places is negative from the get go... like everyone's mood suddenly darkens when they walk in the door. The post office makes me uncomfortable because I can just feel everyone's impatience upon arrival. I have found that the postal clerks at my neighborhood branch do nothing to improve this mood. They are often times rude and short with people. Perhaps this is because a lot of clients come in completely unprepared when sending their packages. But sometimes I wonder if it is simply because they can be rude... where else can we take our mail if we don't like their service?
However, yesterday, I had the pleasure of being helped by a postal clerk angel. I really should have gotten her name and reported her extra special niceness to her manager so that maybe the other rude ladies would take note. She was super polite the whole time, she found my package that I was there to pick up really fast, and she patiently pointed out all the new holiday stamps so that I could make my choice. I wonder if she is new?
 |
| No one ever looks this happy at the post office. |
1 comment:
Well said! I wonder if they're grumpy because of their jobs...seems like it wouldn't be a great place to work.
Post a Comment