
It has been a very bizarre spring here. Warming up and then feeling like November again. My spring flowers did bloom, after Easter was over. (It snowed here on Easter, and I was afraid we had somehow been transported back in time to winter again.) I was very excited that my flowers bloomed, they are the first things that I have planted! I got pictures of them, but since we don't really have a decent digital camera, who knows when they will be posted. The daffodils are starting to die, and my tulips are not looking so great even after only a week or so. It got really cold at night this weekend, and I don't think they liked that.
I am still working a lot, but am starting to get very annoyed at Walgreens. I can count on them to call and see if I want to work every time I actually have a day off. And since I only have a day off about every 2 weeks, I politely decline or don't answer the phone! They have even resorted to calling me at my full time job and asking if I want to come in that very same night.... hmmm let me see... do I want a 13 hour workday? I think not! Today I realized that they failed to give me a day off that I requested so that I can go back home to Lexington for my good friend's baby shower. I am not counting on missing it... therefore we will see where a talk with the manager gets me. I may not have a second job for long. I am going to be needing more time off during the summer and if they cannot provide it, then I will have to figure something else out.
This summer Nathan got a professional acting job with Timber Lake Playhouse, in Mt. Carroll Illinois. It is a theater company that is about 2-3 hours north of where we live. They recruited him from an audition that we went to in Chicago. He is starting work there on May 24th and will be back only two weeks before school starts again. He will have brief amounts of time off during the summer, but is in all but one of their 6 main shows. He will be in West Side Story, The Producers, and You Can't Take it With You to name a few. He is staying in a cabin that they provide and gets meals included in addition to getting a nice amount weekly. It was such an awesome deal, he couldn't pass it up. Gracie and I will miss him, but the time will fly by I'm sure and I plan on going up to see as many of the shows as I can. He is very excited about it! Nathan also recently got a job offer from a theater company in Chicago called Timeline Theater. This is a huge deal for him to get this kind of offer! They emailed him with the part they wanted him for, the rehearsal schedule, and the script. Sadly he has to turn it down because rehearsals for that show start while he is still in Mt. Carroll and he would then have to miss half a semester of school performing the show. Hopefully though they will keep him in in mind for the future.
Gracie turned three years old today. She is getting new tennis balls to play with at the dog park, a new chew bone, and doggie ice cream treats! We will get pics posted later.
1 comment:
I can't believe Gracie is already 3-give her a birthday hug for me!
Post a Comment