At home we have planted a little garden in the back of the house. He have zucchini, sweet peppers and tomatoes. I will be curious to see what happens. I'm also trying to grow petunias and assorted flowers from seed. I really have no idea when i'm doing when it comes to planting. I just stick things in the ground, water them a little and wait.
Nathan and I moved to Chicago in September 2010. This is the largest and most densely populated city I've ever lived in. I should have some stories to tell.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Nathan is off to work...
Nathan has left for his summer job at Timber Lake Playhouse near Mt. Carroll, IL. He is staying in a one room cabin with another actor. He said that it smells like a musty basement, but is fairly clean. The accommodations sound like those from a summer camp. He apparently has chores to do each week with his roommate, and they got to clean the bathrooms this first week. I found that funny because he hardly cleans the bathroom here :) He doesn't get very good cell phone reception where he is... he has to stand out by the road somewhere to talk... which I'm sure means that phone calls may be limited. However, he did mention that he can talk to me on a payphone they have. His work days start early and they get a lunch and dinner break and then work on until 10 pm. He called me part way through his first work day and told me that he was at the emergency room. He hit his head on an iron beam helping with lighting or something and gashed his head open. He got 6 stitches and the rest of the night off to memorize lines. So on his first day he cost them workman's comp! He gets the stitches out next week and hopefully there will not be too bad of a scar. I could not believe it! Apparently now they have padded the beam so others will not do the same thing :) I am planning on going up there the first weekend in June for Nathan's first show, West Side Story. The playhouse is about 2 hrs and 45 minutes away, so hopefully it will work out for me to have the whole weekend off work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment