Sunday, July 27, 2008

I apologize for my absence!

Here summer is about over and I have not written.  I have just felt so tired and lazy when I am home, I really have not done very much at all on the computer.  Nathan has the digital camera with him, so I can't even post recent pictures.  We take so long to use a roll of normal film, usually 6 months worth of pictures are on it, so I guess I will get caught up when I develop them!  
I have been working, a lot.  Normal full time hours at the clinic, and we have been very busy.  Seems to be a never ending saga of dogs attacked by bigger dogs and dogs with allergies and hot spots on their skin.  Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like the pets have more problems here than in Springfield, but it could also be that we don't have an emergency clinic here to send patients to, we have to see everyone and the Dr. has to see them all any hour of the day!  Luckily we don't get called in at the wee hours of the morning... I feel for her though.  
I also have been trying to work at Walgreens only 2 days of the week, my day off from the clinic and on Sunday.  However, we are shorthanded there and they still call all the time wanting me to cover a shift.  I turn them down most of the time, but there has been a few times when I have given in and worked an extra day.  Like this weekend, which was insane.  I worked at the clinic on Saturday until 1 pm, went in and worked at Walgreens from 5:30 to about 10:40 pm and then went in again Sunday morning from 8 to 4:30 pm.  I am tired, but trying to make an effort to write :)  I am looking forward to having Nathan home in 2 weeks.  My summer has also been spent driving up to see him every other weekend.  So, needless to say I haven't really gotten much done this summer as far as projects or cleaning goes.  At night when I am home I have a hard time getting off the couch! 
I am looking forward to a weekend getaway to Chicago when Nathan gets back.  It will be our attempt at a vacation, which we haven't really been able to afford in a while.  My working two jobs has really helped out this summer and I have been able to save money to buy us Amtrak tickets to take the train to the city! This may not sound like much to some people, but to a small town girl, taking the train to a big city is big excitement!  I cannot wait for 3 whole days without work!  
Gracie is doing well.  We currently have her skin issues under control... for now i suppose.  She still gets an injection once weekly for a few more weeks and she hasn't been on antibiotics for several weeks now, so I'm still holding my breath.  She enjoys her special venison and potato food, she has never eaten so well and so consistently.  I tried to start giving her one meal of her old food a day to help her teeth, but she puked 3 times.   So I guess she must have a little bit of a food allergy.  Every time I really want a new puppy, and there have been ample opportunities for me to buy them or rescue them here, I think about how much Gracie's skin is costing and I rethink that decision until we are more financially secure!  She is still as spoiled rotten as ever, and has gotten to sleep in bed with me every night since her daddy is not home to shoo her away.  She has been such a nice companion for me with him away, I could not imagine my days without her!  That is all for now, hopefully soon I will have new pictures to post.  

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Thanks for writing here again.
I love you!

Peggy