Winter this year in Macomb was the snowiest one yet! I actually enjoyed having so much snow. I do not enjoy the extreme cold! A couple nights near -16 degrees was not too much fun. We were lucky though, and didn't have any car troubles. Gracie does not like the snow as she did when she was a puppy. She doesn't think that she can walk in snow that is up to her chest. So she was spoiled and had a path shoveled out for her in the yard. We had a lovely Christmas! I used vacation time and spent over a week off of work, visiting all of our family and old friends.I feel like it was a much needed time spent catching up with those that we care about and miss!
I am very excited that Spring is here and the sun is back! Winter was getting depressing without hardly any sunlight.
Everyone has been curious as to when we are leaving Macomb and if Nathan has found a job yet. No plans of leaving Macomb just yet. However, Nathan does have a summer job at Great Plains Theater Company in KS. This is the same theater he worked at last summer. They were willing to give him a little more money than last year and have cast him in three of their shows. I am planning on visiting him this summer, but I will stay in Macomb as before and continue working at the Vet office. Nathan has applied at numerous (too many to remember) universities, colleges, and a private high school or two and he is continuing to apply to more jobs as they are posted. He is looking for a teaching position, but he did also audition for numerous theater companies in Memphis earlier in the year. There are a few places that may be interested in having him this fall/winter if a teaching job is not acquired. He has received a handful of rejection letters, but we are still hopeful for something. It has been very hard to find jobs; seems that the economy and budgets (or the lack thereof) is starting to hit theater programs very hard.
Everyone send us your most positive thoughts; things are going to get really difficult if he comes home in August with no job leads!
I am doing well. No plans to work at Walgreens again just yet :) Currently I'm doing a lot of Spring cleaning in our house and trying to gather things up for a garage sale sometime this spring/summer. We seem to be very busy up until Nathan graduates in May. We have shows to see at the university about every other weekend and Nathan's thesis role show is in the middle of April. My nephew Spencer should be arriving around the same time, so a visit home will be in order. Before you know it, it will be May and family will be arriving for Nathan's graduation. Gracie is doing well. Her skin is absolutely fabulous since we have started doing allergy injections twice monthly. We should have done allergy testing at the very beginning and I can't quite remember why her doctor didn't think so. Ah well, we have her figured out now and she is no longer infected and itchy.
I will keep everyone updated as we find out any news about where life may take us next.
1 comment:
Time flies, can't believe Nathan is graduateing already. Glad Gracie is doing well.
Post a Comment