Monday, February 4, 2008

Fall in Macomb



Macomb has a hot air balloon rally every September.  You can go and watch them take off and land, and they allow you to walk right up to the balloons in the field as they are blowing them up. We have discovered Argyle Lake State Park is a wonderful place to hike and take nature photos.  This park is about 10 minutes or so from us.  
The second time we went, we decided to take Gracie, and she absolutely loved it!  She was our personal trail guide, taking the lead of course, and she was pretty trusty, except for when she decided to be daring and almost fell through a pile of leaves into a ravine.  She's such a tomboy! 
  We are looking forward to camping here when the weather warms up.  It has been so fun living in a house.  I have gotten to decorate for all the seasons!  We visited the farmer's market almost every weekend and got yummy fresh garden veggies and fall decorations for the porch.  I created two small flower gardens and planted spring bulbs- tulips, daffodils, and others.  I am hoping that I did it correctly and that the squirrels didn't dig them all back up.  We'll see.  I probably looked a little nuts to the neighbors out there with a shovel and small garden trowel trying to dig deep enough around tree roots to plant the bulbs, all the while picking up buried trash from all the years of neglect the property and house has sustained.  I'm trying very hard to make our little old house superficially pretty enough so people cannot tell right out how ghetto it is!  We are enjoying our neighborhood, more so since the loud drunk white trash that was living next to us has moved.  Gracie gets long walks around the neighborhood and has found a neglected, but friendly white Husky boyfriend.  He is the prettiest Husky type dog I've seen, and he gets so excited when little Gracie struts by.  They whine to each other and prance about.  I let them touch noses and run back and forth (he is on a chain).  I'm always worried that no one feeds him, I never see anyone around the house anymore, but he doesn't seem to be starving to death. I asked Gracie if she thought he had ever had a Beggin Strip in his whole life.  How sad to be a lonely outside dog on a chain! I will have to take a picture of him to post sometime.  

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Gracie looks so cute!