

We have found that little Macomb does have a lot to offer. I was worried about missing things that Springfield had, such as Artfest and Cider Days, and all of the fun dog events. But, Macomb has an Artfest in the park downtown, as well as a Jazz festival, and Bark in the Park! It is so exciting to have fun things to do in town! I unfortunately had to work during Bark in the Park, but Nathan was nice and took Gracie. She dressed up for the doggie parade and costume contest. S
he got to do a treasure hunt, and of course she went for all the Beggin strips instead of snagging a new toy! She didn't win the costume contest, but did come home with a bunch of free treats and other goodies. Nathan is such a good dad for taking her! Nathan was in the musical "Parade" during his first semester at school. He had two roles that each included a solo. The show is based on a true story about a jewish man in the south that gets wrongfully accused of a little factory girl's death. Even though he gets acquitted (Nathan plays the judge), he ends up getting hung by the KKK, including the old confederate soldier also played by Nathan. It was a very good production (I went every night!) even though it was a musical, which I often find cheesy and dull. We go to a lot of plays. The Department has 2-3 mainstage shows a semester as well as many more smaller studio theater shows. We end up seeing about 1 show a weekend almost when the semesters get rolling. The studio shows are directed by most of the directing degree students and the teachers direct the mainstage shows. They are not all fabulous shows, some have almost put me to sleep, but they can
be cheap entertainment and exciting to see when you have gotten to know all the actors well.
My work was very busy clear up until Christmas. Being a college town, things always pick up when the kids come back. I am really enjoying my work. It is a lot different than my job in Springfield. I deal a lot less with the clients, which I like, and I get to do a lot more with surgery, blood draws, and dental cleanings, which I love! I really like the doctor I work for and enjoy my co-workers a great deal. I do miss my All Creatures gals a great deal as well though!!! I enjoy only working 2 Saturdays a month and not having to do kennel work! I am starting to do pet-sitting as well. I love it! It is like being a foster mom for a bit. I am hoping to be the official pet-sitter for the WIU theater department :) Getting paid to do it is even better!

Gracie is enjoying her new home, I get to come home every day for lunch and see her, since we live only about 5 minutes from my work. She is also proving to be a very good dog and is getting to stay out all day in the house, instead of being locked up in her crate. So far so good, except for the occasional kleenex that gets chewed up, which is inevitable.
1 comment:
I'm glad things are going so well for you guys-we miss you too!
Post a Comment